Low Carb High Protein for Meatless Fridays in Lent!
For many practicing Catholics, Fridays in Lent can be a challenge. All of a sudden we realize that everything we eat has meat in it! Dinners can be especially tough for those that like to eat clean, making pizza or a mac and cheese dish less than desirable.
Below you will find the tried and true recipe that my fiancé and I go to every Friday night during Lent. It allows us to eat a bunch and feel full, without sacrificing extra calories.
Low Carb High Protein Meatless Egg Bake
Prep Time: 5-10 min Cook Time: 45 min Let Sit: 15 min
- 8 Egg Whites (we use real eggs and sift out the yolk)
- 2 Eggs
- 1 Cup Onions
- 1 Pepper
- 1 Cup Broccoli (frozen bag – microwave as instructed)
- 1 cup Spinach (frozen bag – microwave as instructed)
- 1 Cup Shredded Low Fat Cheese
- FlavorGod seasoning of your choice!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Sautee peppers and onions in pan. Season with your favorite Flavor God!
- In separate bowl, crack and separate 8 egg whites, add 2 whole eggs. Whisk with fork.
- Use 8 inch glass pyrex, spray with Pam.
- Combine pepper, onion, spinach and broccoli in glass pan.
- Pour egg mixture over vegetables.
- Sprinkle cheese on top.
- Pop in oven for 40-45 minutes, or until when knife is stuck in middle it comes out clean.
- Let sit for 10-15 minutes.
- Cut and enjoy!
Looking to keep off winter pounds, but don’t have time to go to the gym? Head to our online training area, and get your hands on the At-Home Workout program we have!